Here's another CASED card from the Stamplorations stampgirls. I loved this card the first time Jessica posted it, and when she included it in her list of past favorites to CASE this month I knew I wanted to give it a whirl.
- I wasn't sure how to do that glossy striped background, and after several failed attempts I finally hit on something! I inked up a piece of black card stock with Versamark Watermark ink, added black embossing powder, and heat set. I then cut it in strips and added them to my white card front.
- To create the frame I cut a square inside a square,and added two die cuts from the Hello Doily die set (Sizzix) to two corner. I inked this with Versamark Watermark ink, added yellow embossing powder, and heat set.
- The flowers are die cut with the Mini Tattered Floral dies (Tim Holtz) and have a tiny pearl in the center.
- The greenery is punched with two different Martha Stewart punches - branch and frond.
- I added a little Baker's Twine bow to the corner and a sentiment die cut with the Hello Doily dies (Sizzix).
- I layered everything on a mini card cut with the Postage Stamp Nestabilites (Spellbinders)
This post linked to:
Stamplorations - Case a stampgirl
Simon Says - Bright and cheerful
Time Out - Warm (warm colors, warmth of friendship)