Here's another CASED card from the Stamplorations stampgirls. I loved this card the first time Jessica posted it, and when she included it in her list of past favorites to CASE this month I knew I wanted to give it a whirl.
- I wasn't sure how to do that glossy striped background, and after several failed attempts I finally hit on something! I inked up a piece of black card stock with Versamark Watermark ink, added black embossing powder, and heat set. I then cut it in strips and added them to my white card front.
- To create the frame I cut a square inside a square,and added two die cuts from the Hello Doily die set (Sizzix) to two corner. I inked this with Versamark Watermark ink, added yellow embossing powder, and heat set.
- The flowers are die cut with the Mini Tattered Floral dies (Tim Holtz) and have a tiny pearl in the center.
- The greenery is punched with two different Martha Stewart punches - branch and frond.
- I added a little Baker's Twine bow to the corner and a sentiment die cut with the Hello Doily dies (Sizzix).
- I layered everything on a mini card cut with the Postage Stamp Nestabilites (Spellbinders)
This post linked to:
Stamplorations - Case a stampgirl
Simon Says - Bright and cheerful
Time Out - Warm (warm colors, warmth of friendship)
This is a superb CASE. What a creative way to make the base and frame! I love how you have layered up the flowers and the vibrant colours you have used. A joy to see you at Time Out
Love your card! It's shaped like a postage stamp. Great papers and frame.
To answer your question about the fish Esther. It is a stamp from Gray Wolfe designs and they have directions on their blog on how to make a 3D fish. It is one of my favorite stamps.
Take a look here
Have a great day!
What a lovely CASE! Your blue flowers are so pretty in the corner with that sweet twine bow!
Your card is bold and beautiful!
so pretty, I love the blue and yellow combo with the black striped background!!
I LOVE this card! So bright, vibrant and fun! The Blue and yellow just pop against the black and white. Great job!
WHat an awesome CASE! Beautiful card! Thanks for stopping by! :)
Oh my i love this, such a bold and beautiful design.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.
Have a great day :)
This is just wonderful. A great CASE. Love that lemony yellow frame against the stark black and whitel. Those timy flowers are wonderfully arranged, and the shades of blue ad green that you've used are so bold and bright. Fantastic creation. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out's WARM challenge.
Wasn't this a fun one to case. I like your take. Thanks for helping STAMPlorations celebrate 5 years.
I love the black stripes against the pops of color! So fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!
Post a Comment